Tuesday 14 August 2012

Gem nails

I love gems!! I love putting them on my nails, whether its just one gem or rows and rows! I love them, they add a little life into my nails!! They don't get in the way, or get caught on anything, like previous nail arts iv had!! 
They come in so many different colours as well! I got mine from EBAY, I just typed in 'nail art gems' but I made the mistake of buying them from Hong Kong so i had to wait 2 weeks for them!! but if you click UK only, you can find the exact same things! I only paid £1.28 for these, free p&p. So I wasn't to fussed about having to wait a few weeks.... 


If you do want these exact ones Click here 

 I used Barry M nail polish, which you can buy at boots, colour number 293. I then used the green gems on the tips of my ring finger on both hands. I used some nail art glue, which I got with some other nail art accessories, but clear nail glue will do the job as well. A little tip when applying the nail gems: 


  • use an 'orange stick' (that's what we call them in the beauty industry!!) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • Using the pointy end, dip it into your clear nail polish. 
  • This well then be able to pick up the gems. 
  • Position where you want the gem on your nail, then if you need to, with another stick, or a pair of tweezers, push the gem away from the stick on to your nail. 
  • Once you have finished applying your gems, I apply one coat of clear nail polish for 'extra support'.

This picture isn't very clear, the gems have gone a little blurry, but you can get the idea on how they look :)


Do you like them? What nail art do you use, that don't get in the way, yet look nice? 







4 comments:

  1. They are pretty, I think I may order some :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the grey colour on your nails Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you! i do too, quite plain, but add some gems and they are pretty!!

      Delete